Breast augmentation uses body fat or breast implants to enhance the size and volume of your breasts. Maybe you have naturally small breasts, or you’ve lost your breast volume due to sudden weight loss or pregnancy. Breast augmentation will not only increase the size of your breasts but also improve your figure and self-esteem.
The scars are carefully placed either in the breast fold or around the areola. A good plastic surgeon in Windsor will make sure that the scars are undetectable and beautifully concealed. The technique that will be used for depends on various factors, including the anatomy of the breasts, the use of silicone or saline and the patient’s personal goals. Here are some of the most common reasons why people undergo breast augmentation.
- Self-confidence - For some women, having small breasts is a cause of low self-esteem. They may not be happy with their body, and they want to undergo breast augmentation surgery to achieve their desired breast size. This procedure helps them feel good about themselves again.
- Shape - Some women don’t like the shape of their breasts. Those who have saggy and droopy breasts may want to undergo breast augmentation / uplift surgery. This procedure corrects the shape of the breasts and makes them perky as well.
- Asymmetrical Breasts - Those who have asymmetrical breasts may want to undergo breast augmentation surgery to correct their breasts. Women usually do not have 100% symmetrical breasts, but the difference is minimal. In some cases, the difference is more noticeable. A plastic surgeon in Windsor can augment the smaller breast through implants to match the other.
- Size - If you want to have bigger breasts, you can consider undergoing a breast augmentation surgery. Even if you don’t have small breasts, you can still undergo this procedure if you want your breasts to be bigger.
- Pregnancy - The breasts lose their volume or shape when a woman gives birth. Many women don’t like this change in their body. Breast augmentation / uplift (mastopexy) surgery can restore the volume or shape of their breasts.
- Body - Breast augmentation surgery can help balance your body proportions.
- Exercise - You might feel a loss of volume in your breasts because of loss of fat in your body. Breast augmentation can help you match the size of your breasts to your physique.
Types of Breast Augmentation
- Peri-Areolar Breast Augmentation - A small incision is made around the areola’s lower border. The scar on the areola is automatically concealed with the help of color contrast and areolar tissue. It’s also an excellent option for sagging breasts. Altered sensation in the areola is a potential risk.
- Inframammary Breast Augmentation - A plastic surgeon in Windsor creates a very small incision just below the breast fold to create a pocket under the breast. It’s the best way to conceal scars as the scars are in the breast fold. From this incision, the implants can either be placed under the breast tissue or under the muscle. This procedure will not hinder breastfeeding in the future.
Talking to a plastic surgeon in Windsor can help you choose the right type of breast augmentation surgery for you.