Do you find it hard to enter your iPhone using your current passcode? Do other people know your iPhone passcode and so you want to disable their access to your phone? If that’s the case, then it is a great idea to create a new passcode for your device. You might also want to do this after finding one too many ‘iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes’ message you received.
You might have used a difficult passcode, and now, even you are finding it hard to get into your phone. It came to the point that you really could not open your phone. In this situation, one of the things to do is to use an iPhone passcode removal tool. Using this tool, you can bypass the passcode, then remove it or change it to a new one.
You have successfully bypassed the passcode of your device and now, what you need is to change the current code to a new one. The problem is you are unsure what to do as you have not tried changing a passcode once. Don’t worry. This article will give you the simple steps to accomplish your goal of changing your iPhone’s passcode.
Steps to Change Passcode in iOS
In this article, it is assumed that you currently have a passcode set on your device. The method explained here will not work if you forgot your old one and had not recovered it yet. You have to recover or remove the old password first using an iPhone lock screen removal tool. After that, you can proceed to the following steps.
- First, open the Settings menu to view the options available.
- Next, scroll past the options and choose Touch ID & Passcode option. For iPhones without Touch ID option, you can select the Passcode menu.
- Proceed to enter your existing passcode.
- After that, scroll past the options and choose Change Passcode button.
- Enter your old passcode once again.
- Once you see the menu, choose the Passcode Options button. It will allow you to select the type of passcode to use to unlock your phone.
- Choose the type of passcode you prefer.
- Next, enter the new passcode you chose.
- Confirm the new passcode by entering it again.
- You will also be asked if you want to update the passcode for your iCloud as well. If you are prompted, you enter your iCloud password.
It is how simple you can change your password after removing it. You might have some concerns about other people gaining access to your phone through Siri even though it is locked. In that case, you can disable Siri to stop the access to your lock screen. The steps here are easy to follow, and with that, you are sure to create a passcode that can protect your phone.
Knowing these steps will help you to better ensure the privacy of your phone after removing your old password. Instead of permanently removing the code, you might want to change to a passcode that you can easily remember but will not make sense to others. It can be bothersome, but passcodes are essential to your iPhone.