Attention Flagler Students
Thinking about a career in education? Need a job for the school year?
Serve our community and gain new skills and experience with
College Access AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps College Access AmeriCorps Program is a grant funded mentoring program in St. Johns County, FL. We are currently seeking motivated, enthusiastic volunteers to serve in the 2010-2011 program year. AmeriCorps members serve as college mentors to at-risk youth in the sixth through twelfth grade within St. Johns County schools. In addition to serviing the schools, members will participate in various training and community service projects throughout the year.
Requirements of Membership:
- Flagler College Student
- US Citizen
- Successful FBI background screening
- 2/23/2011-8/31/2011 Commitment
- Student members commit to 300 hours or a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Participation in bi-monthly member meetings on Flagler campus
- Participation in required trainings
- Participation in community service projects
Benefits of Membership:
- Education award of $1,132 to be on tuition/student loan/education expenses
- Deferment of Student Loans
- Valuable experience working in a St. Johns County School & with a local non-profit agency
- Extensive training, professional development, and resume building
Student members of College Access AmeriCorps 2010-2011 class will serve from 2/23/2010-8/31/2011
Your World. Your Chance to Make it Better.
For more information, contact Stephanie Snyder,