Phishing schemes are a type of scam in which cybercriminals attempt to gain access to your sensitive data. By sending emails that appear to come from a legitimate source, phishers try to trick you into clicking a link or downloading an attachment.
What to do if you get Phished
Change your Credentials
- Change your personal passwords
- Go to SelfService and IMMEDIATELY change your Flagler password.
- Do not use any previous passwords.
- Do not include any part of your name or birthday.
Secure your Financial Information
- If you entered a routing number, credit or debit card number, or any other financial information, contact your bank IMMEDIATELY.
- Freeze your debit card.
- Cancel your credit card.
Protect/monitor your Information for Identity Theft
For more tips, view the following attachments: